Wednesday, 30 November 2011

My Winter Essentials.

Hey Dolls! Hope everythings' good
Today I will be sharing my winter essentials with you. These are just a couple of things that help me in the winter time.
I love winter really, the best part is coming home and getting into cozy clothes and just lounging around, the one thing I hate about winter though, is that I get so lazy and stop looking after myself. However I just do a couple of things here and there to make it easier to do things. Hope this helps :D


- Firstly dry skin! It is a disaster for me in the winter. Don't you just hate it when you've moisturised, but then you apply your face make up and you notice dry patches. Uh that really annoys me. However about a year ago I decided to do something about it! I started using E45, it's a cream that treats dry skin. This is like a really intensive cream. It's perfect for people who suffer with dry skin, due to the wind and cold weather. I love this thing, it refreshes my skin and also leaves it so moisturised. This is my number one essential for winter. 

- Another thing I really recommend for winter is a good hand cream. Due to the wind, I've noticed my hands get really dry and chapped. My cuticles all feel really weak. I use the Vaseline hand and nail lotion. It works a treat. I apply some before I leave the house, this way it's like a protective shield against the aggressive wind. I also apply some before going to bed. This way it repairs any damages from the day and leaves my hand smooth in the morning.

- Just like summer it is so important to stay hydrated in the winter. I always make sure I've got a bottle of water in my bag. Water is an amazing source of energy.Water is also really important to help us stay away from those harmful viruses such as flus etc. If you are not a fan of water, try flavoured water.

- My holy grail. The coco butter lip balm. This thing is amazing. I love it for the summer and it's twice as good in the winter. This has spf 15 in it. Therefore it's really good to protect your lips from getting burnt from heavy winds. I love it. It's an all round product for me.

- Due to harsh temperatures the face is the first target for wind. Exfoliating the skin removes dead skin cells and also gives you that gorgeous natural glow even in the winter. I love using the Simple exfoliator. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and radiant.

- In the winter you will find dark colours on my nails. I don't know why but this feels like an essential to me. Nail colours. I feel like in the winter I take care of my hands even more. So I can be bothered with painting my nails.

- And lastly mascara! Waterproof mascara is the way forward for me in the winter. The wind always makes me teary and I feel my mascara goes everywhere, which is annoying but thank God for waterproof mascara. It works a treat!

That's all my winter essentials, things that make winter
run smoothly for me.
What's yours?

I hope this post helped you guys.
Don't forget to:
Comment. Rate. Follow 


x

8 comments:

  1. I too love the Palmers Cocoa Butter lip balm. Have you tried their hand cream? I always have a tube of it in my handbag.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love all things coco butter :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry skin is such a pain!!! I use a lush facemask that is FANTASTIC! Really has improved my skin. I must give e45 cream a go too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good hand cream, usually L'Occitane in my bag. Good for doubling up as an around the nose cream when you've had a cold and have a dry nose x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand cream and water are definetly essential for me, especially hand cream my hands feel awful from the cold! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @WhatLarryLoves mm I must try the lush facemask
    it sounds promising :D

    @Knight'sEclectic I have L'Occitane too and I must try it around my nose, but I prefer the vaseline hand cream to moisturize my hands.:D

    @ninadollmakeup Same! I hate rough hands :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dry skin is so annoying in winter! I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! I hope you have fun writing your post :) http://candybeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so comment away...

Total Blog Hits. Thanks so much for visiting :)