Sunday, 15 April 2012

Having trouble with blackheads?

Hi everyone, hope you're all well!

Today's post is going to be on blackheads! Yes I'm talking about those little, annoying, tiny spots which appear around the nose, chin and forehead.
I suffer with blackheads and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What are blackheads?
Blackheads are tiny and sometimes they are a kind of yellowish colour. Blackheads are not caused by dirt but they are caused because of blockage of the sebaceous gland. They look dirty only because they are blackened by oxidation.


What's the cause of blackheads?
Many things can cause blackheads but the common causes are:
- Stress: 
Stress can lead to many things. When someone is stressed they usually forget the simple things like hygiene. When you do not clean the skin often it can result in blackheads.
- Diet:
Many foods such as fried foods, sugary foods and foods that are high in carbohydrates do encourage the growth of blackheads.
- Make up:
Again this comes down to hygiene. How many of us really clean our make up off at the end of the night? Not many of us and the make up can clog the pores. Also sometimes after washing off all of your make up there are still some left due to the make up remover of choice.


Recommendations of blackhead removal.
Before I really knew about blackheads I did so many useless things such as scrubbing my nose with full strength. But DO NOT DO THAT! Firstly this will not work and secondly you will be left with a very sore nose.

Recently I have found a good cheap way to remove blackheads.

Superdrug Deep Action Nose Strips
Pack of 4
Now on offer for
 £2.00 

I bought this product a few days ago. I didn't really expect much as it was cheap. However this product is amazing! I was so surprised at the results.
This is the Superdrug Deep Action Nose Strips. This was the first time I've ever used nose strips and I chose a cheap alternative due to the fact that it was my first time, I didn't know how to use nose strips and I just wanted something to try out.

This product is very easy to use. You just wash your face as normal. Remove the sticker from the nose strip. And apply the strip on your nose. Make sure to splash some water on your nose once the strip is applied to make sure it stays in place. You need to keep this product on for a good 10-12 minutes. But I recommend you to keep it on for a little bit longer depending on the intensity of the blackheads. I kept it on for about 15 minutes. After the time is up you simply find a corner to pull at and pull it towards the middle of the nose. It does hurt, but no pain no gain! After you've taken the strip off just wash off the residue.

If I was a little bit more braver I would show you the before and after, but I'm not :(
But I was so pleased with the outcome. I have near to NO blackheads left on my nose. I was so shocked at how many blackheads came out. It was rather disgusting to see it on the strip afterwards.
Overall I think this product deserves so much praise! It's so cheap yet so effective. I recommend it to every blackhead sufferer.

I hope this post helps.
Don't forget to
Comment. Rate. Follow 

x

5 comments:

  1. Great review, I've tried a few of nose strips by different brands but none seemed to work on me (must have deep set blackheads!). Although its very satisfying when a few come out, they never really removed all my blackheads. The only thing that has is my Clarisonic, although admittedly that a lot more expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I really want the clarisonic but it's too expensive :'(

      Delete
  2. I love these products, so great, really cheap and effective. The best part is seeing what comes out afterwards... gross I know :D

    OutsideBEautyInsideHEalth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! In a very weird way I like looking at the end product because you can see how effective the product is and feel like it is working :D x

      Delete
  3. They made my nose bleed :(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so comment away...

Total Blog Hits. Thanks so much for visiting :)