Hi everyone hope you are all doing fantastic.
Although it doesn't seem like it today because of the gloomy weather, these past few weeks as a rare occurrence Britain was blessed with some sunny days.
During the summer I hated making my face feel weighed down with a full face of make up and so I decided to start using BB creams. A BB cream is a tinted moisturiser like product which is short for blemish balm… many BB creams claim many things but their main purpose is to restore skin and to repair it. Today I will be talking about two BB creams. Both from the drugstore and both that I have tried in the last few weeks or months.
|Garnier All in one BB cream|
I have been using this BB cream for a good 3 months now. This BB cream is really good, it does correct the discolourations on my skin and evens out my skin tone. Also after I have used this product I feel like my skin has improved. Like any blemishes have settled down since I've worn it. This product gives a highly dewy finish which might be a bit too much for those with oily skin. However I do believe that Garnier have produced an oil free version of it so do check in stores. This BB cream retails at £9.99 however I mostly see it on sale (it is on sale right now in Superdrugs for £6.66) I would definately pay the full price for this product as the results are amazing!
- The thing that attracted me to it is the claim "evens skin tone" and it actually does.
- It has SPF 15 which is always good especially in sunny climates.
- It leaves you with a natural finish.
- There is a very strong fragrance to this product, it is a nice smell but it does set you back on the first use.
- The shade range isn't that amazing; it comes in three shades.
- It is quite expensive for the drugstore skin care product.
|Body Shop All in one BB cream|
This is a newer purchase of mine, I've had it for about a month now. I love the sleek design of it. It is a very tiny bottle (25g) which is less than the Garnier BB cream and it is also more expensive. I purchased this BB cream because the colour adapting claim really intrigued me. It is a white cream but once applied it matches your skin tone. The product feels sort of like an exfoliator and this is because of the pigment filled capsules, which burst whilst applying on the skin. I do like this product, it is less oiler then the Garnier BB cream. I believe the coverage is light and for me it hasn't been buildable. I would most recommend this product for a base for the make up, just to add that extra coverage and prep the skin.
- It is colour adapting so will adapt to your skin tone.
- It's not an oily formula so it feels non clogging and thin on the skin.
-24 hour hydration which makes you look and feel fresher for longer.
- The smell is not pleasing at all, it smells of medicine.
- The price is too high for such less quantity.
- Again the issue of limited shades.
Overall I do enjoy both products but for completely different reasons.
However with that being said I will definitely recommend the Garnier BB cream as it doesn't make a ton of claims and the product actually works. I will also go back to purchase the Garnier BB cream as I love it so much and you begin to get used to the smell afterwards as it isn't really that harsh but pleasing.
Well there you go guys, those were my views on the two BB creams.
I hope you found this post somewhat useful.
Until next time..
Don't forget to
Comment. Rate. Follow.